COVID-19 & Spring Events UpdateDear Members,
With President Donald Trump’s decision to extend the guidelines to April 30, 2020 and Governor Jon Bel Edwards following this guideline, the Louisiana Pipeliners Association will support these decisions.
With this information, the Louisiana Pipeliners will reschedule the Monday, April 20, 2020 Scholarship Golf Tournament to May 18, 2020 with the location remaining at Pelican Pointe.
We ask for your patience as the Association makes adjustments in response to new developments and information from local and national officials.
Our primary focus is the safety, health, and welfare of our members and we are asking all members who are not feeling well or have members of their family sick at the moment to stay home as an extra safety precaution.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend several steps to promote your well-being in order to stay healthy:
What are everyday preventive actions you can take?
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw tissue in trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 30 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Maintain 6 feet (2 meters) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home and seek appropriate medical attention.
- Do keep your supervisor and/or local HR updated in accordance with attendance policies and procedures.
- If you are outside of the United States, please contact your medical provider if you need to seek treatment.
Please take care of yourself and we look forward to seeing your healthy self at our upcoming events.
Tim Dronet, President
Louisiana Pipeliners Association