COVID-19 & Spring Events UpdateDear Members,
With Governor Jon Bel Edwards decision to extend the guidelines to May 15, 2020, and following these guidelines, the Louisiana Pipeliners Association will support this decision.
With this information, the Louisiana Pipeliners will reschedule the Monday, May 11, 2020 dinner meeting to July 13, 2020 with the location remaining at the Petroleum Club.
We are canceling the Louisiana Pipeliners Scholarship Golf Tournament which was rescheduled for May 18, 2020. We are offering to either move your registration to the Fall Tournament, which will benefit the scholarship program, or refund your registration. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your intentions and further instructions will be given regarding your selection.
This will be posted on our website https://louisianapipeliners.org
We ask for your patience as the Association makes adjustments in response to new developments and information from local and national officials.
Our primary focus is the safety, health, and welfare of our members and we are asking all members who are not feeling well or have members of their family sick at the moment to stay home as an extra safety precaution.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend several steps to promote your well-being in order to stay healthy:
What are everyday preventive actions you can take?
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw tissue in trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 30 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Maintain 6 feet (2 meters) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home and seek appropriate medical attention.
- Do keep your supervisor and/or local HR updated in accordance with attendance policies and procedures.
- If you are outside of the United States, please contact your medical provider if you need to seek treatment.
Please take care of yourself and we look forward to seeing your healthy self at our upcoming events.
Louisiana Pipeliners Association